Your Ad Here

Monday, December 17, 2007



50. Operator Please - Just A Song About Ping Pong



I'm still not sure why this wasn't massive worldwide. I rarely like the garage-rock-pop sound, but there's such a youthful enthusiasm in this that it's hard to resist.

49. Loveninjas - I Wanna Be Like Johnny C



A weird little song... very indie yet somewhat epic in a way as well. I think I compared this to Pulp earlier in the year (but some readers didn't agree).

48. CSS - Let’s Make Love And Listen To Death From Above



Technically I heard this song in 2006 but this was the year that it blew up at the UK festivals. Irresistable in it's weirdness.

47. Girls Aloud - Call The Shots



The girls' most straightforward (and best) single in awhile. It's not hit-you-over-the-head catchy at first, but it seaps into your memory almost imperceptably

46. Frida Hyvonen - See How I Came Into Town



I love the sound of it. It's not even really my kind of sound, but I found it very haunting and memorable. Plus, the lyrics are fantastic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grifit said...

I'm making a Youtube marathon right now. I couldn't find a video for "Frida Hyvonen - See How I Came Into Town", so I'll listen it later.
I'm happy you included "Operator Please - Just A Song About Ping Pong", I like that song a lot, I don't understand why so much people hate it.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home