Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I have lost faith in my country's tastes yet again...

So I'm pretty much used to everything that I love (music, movies, books, whatever) being completely ignored or even hated by the majority of my conservative (and in many ways quite backward) country. That doesn't mean that it doesn't still sting sometimes. The most recent example was definitely a stinger.
What kind of country do I live in where the Alvin & The Chipmunks movie (freaking Alvin & The Chipmunks!!!!!) can debut to nearly double the box office that The Golden Compass did last weekend? It's enough to make me want to crawl under a rock and cry.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely agree.

America needs to get with it; I feel uncool telling people I'm from here sometimes.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Grifit said...

...
...
I'm going to see it
please
don't look at me like that
they were my infance
and they look hilarious
...
ok
I promise I will shot myself after seeing it.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Grifit have you seen Golden Compass? Or are you even interested in it. Just curious, and don't worry I won't kill you for watching Alvin, though I'll be surprised if you enjoy it!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

no fucking way? That is a travesty. Almost as much as Leon winning the x factor which has destroyed my faith once again in the british public!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Grifit said...

Of course I'm interested
Nicole "love me until I find a new religion" Kidman is on the movie
It's on my list, the problem is that I don't have too much time for movies (only for movies, because I always manage to get some time for the internet)
The last movie I watched on a theather was Harry Potter V (I miss roman numbers on titles)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home