Your Ad Here

Friday, January 18, 2008

Daggers - Magazine

"She lives her life through the pages of a magazine"

Every once and awhile, I'll run across a band and think to myself, how in the hell did I not hear about these guys before? And, why aren't they being covered in any of the blogs? Last time it happened that band was the brilliant Superfamily. This time, it's Daggers. Formally known as Bureau (right choice in changing the name, btw), they have a song out called Money that is absolutely freaking perfect. It's just one of those songs that captured me from beginning to end on the very first listen. Perfect sound, perfect chorus, just perfect. I really can't oversell this thing, you're just going to have to listen to it. I'm not going to post that track here today because you can buy it (and listen to it on their myspace), but I will post the b-side, which is fantastic in its own right. These guys sound like Duran Duran or Human League, but I actually think they could be better than both, depending on how things go. Just listen to Money and tell me I'm wrong.

Daggers - Magazine (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy Money -and you gotta- here or on emusic/itunes)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your taste in music is pure crap. Go back to Omicron Perseii 8.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm......boobies go suck a tit! This music is incredible!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

Nick, you've done it again! This song is BRILLIANT! I'm completely addicted. That chorus--wow. Just wow. Thanks for the recommendation--I've just bought it.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

Oh, I should specify that I'm talking about "Money"--"Magazine" is good, but "Money" is brilliant.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Poster Girl, I'm glad to see that you're as obsessed as I am. It's really just perfect, isn't it?

Boobies & Jesus... is a death match in order?? :)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home