Your Ad Here

Monday, February 11, 2008

Black Kids - I've Underestimated My Charm (Again)

"I didn't mean to do you no harm"

Black Kids (horrible band name, btw) is getting a lot of blog and press hype this year and, while there are other new bands of the same genre that should be covered a bit more, they deserve it. Their sound is a bit raw on their first four track EP (downloadable for free here) but the songs and attitude are definitely there. Once they release a proper full length I can imagine them being pretty big in indie circles, especially in countries like the England where not everything is rap and/or processed to death. One thing I find somewhat weird about the beginning of this track is how much the band sounds like 80's era Sparks. That could just be because they semi-quote one of the Mael Brothers' albums in the first few lines, though.

Black Kids - I've Underestimated My Charm (Again) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Download the EP here for free!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to see them in Bristol last week and really enjoyed them. They were supporting Sons & Daughters but I think just as many people there for them as there were for S & D.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home