Your Ad Here

Monday, March 24, 2008

Guillemots - Cockateels

"Thank god I've got imaginary creatures"

One of the finest pop albums of the year (so far) is released today. Guillemots' Red is weird pop for the masses, filled with so many different, disparate genres of music and yet still managing to be a cohesive whole. There are many standouts (if you haven't heard first single Get Over It yet, please do), but I can't get Cockateels out of my head. It's a giant, stage-production worthy track with a soaring melody and a gorgeous string assisted chorus that goes on until it touches the sky. Then comes the middle-eastern choir section. This track's got everything. It's definitely different from most stuff I post here, but to be fair it's pretty different than anything else out there right now. If you haven't checked out Red yet, make sure you do, because I'm thinking it'll most likely end up in my top ten of 2008.

Guillemots - Cockateels (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pure beauty!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful music that you post!!!!!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I flipping love Get Over It - looking forward to hearing this track!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home