Your Ad Here

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears - The Zero Light/Imitation Of The Sky

"Look to the heavens on a cloudy night"

I love it when readers introduce me to knew bands, and this is one such occurrence. I doubt whether I would have discovered Bryan Scary if somebody didn't bring it to me, even though the band's prog-pop fits with a bunch of artists that I really do adore (Sparks jumps immediately to mind, as well as Queen and ELO). They've got a new concept album (pretty much a rock opera) called Flight Of The Knife, and it was very difficult to pick just one track to share because it's one of those records where everything flows together so perfectly that it's hard to separate the tracks. I went with one of the more straightforward tracks, the beautiful melodic Zero Light. If the melody to this doesn't get you, I don't know what would. I would also recommend The Purple Rocket and Imitation Of The Sky if you're looking for something a bit more uptempo. The latter is what The Feeling might create if they were feeling a bit more daring. Hell, I'll just go ahead and post two!

Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears - The Zero Light (zshare)
Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears - Imitation Of The Sky (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

Glad you enjoyed this album. I think this album has impressed me the most this year. And that was only a couple weeks after I told someone that I didn't think there'd be a better album than the Feeling's new one this year.

Speaking of Sparks, have you heard any of their new songs yet? "Good Mourning" and "Lighten Up, Morrissey" are both available in various places to be listened to. Can't wait for their new album this year. If these two tracks are any indication, it should be excellent.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks again. I'm loving the album more and more each time I listen to it. I wish they'd make a movie out of it someime. The lyrics are so colorful.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Oh, and about Sparks. I've heard Good Morning, but I'll wait until the album's out to listen to more. I own every single Sparks record, so I'm sure I'll love this one too!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

here are a few videos from the Bryan Scary show last month at Southpaw in Brooklyn:

http://www.scribemedia.org/2008/05/04/bryan_scary_shredding_tears/

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Roderick said...

A lot of effective data for myself!
e liquid

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home