Your Ad Here

Monday, September 15, 2008

Grafton Primary - S.O.S. Hello

"No one's gonna save you sos hello"

Yeah, I know that I just posted a track from these guys a week ago, but now I've heard the whole album and I can't help but write about this song as well. With the Killers just releasing information and a release date for their upcoming album, Grafton Primary's Eon is the perfect record to tide you over. They are more dancey, but the songs still sound like they're coming from a rock band. The production on this album is just amazing. I have to give it a few more listens to see how I'd rate it overall, but S.O.S. Hello has become an instant favorite. It starts and ends--like most of their songs--with unremarkable gurgling synths, but quickly launches into some really aggressive verses and a super catchy, anthematic chorus. It's definitely a hard-edged track with a hard-edged beat. I kept being reminded of the nineties band Orgy when I listened to it, although this is a gazillion times better.

Grafton Primary - S.O.S. Hello (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I should really like Grafton Primary...but I just, er...don't. For some reason.

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derek, you should...er.. swim in the left hand lane out of the mainstream. Get rid of the preconceptions, so you can really appreciate what these boys bring to the indie music scene!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home