Your Ad Here

Friday, October 03, 2008

Flashback Friday: The Monitors - Singing In The 80's



"What will we be singing in the 80's?"

Alarmingly, posts are just disappearing left and right on this blog now! I think it's a legal thing, though I wish they'd just delete the link rather than the entire post because I'd love to give these artists some exposure.

Anyway, for today's flashback, I've got a massive tune for you. It's from Australian poppers The Monitors, which I know next to nothing about. It really doesn't matter, though, because this song is amazing. It's like Alphabeat and the Buggles rolled into one with a super singalong chorus and perfect verses to boot. I mean, just look at the opening line: "I didn't know whether to laugh or cry the night disco died." I promise, you will be singing this immediately after you hear it! As for the video, it's pure, glorious, 80's cheese. If anyone's got the album, I would love to hear it (if there ever even was an album released).

The Monitors - Singing In The 80's (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. No idea where to buy it, though!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

I really enjoyed this. There's another song on YouTube as well: "Nobody Told Me" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM0GkcmaEZE
But my Google skills couldn't find much beyond a few bits and pieces. I'd love to find a full release.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

They do have an album released in 1982 called "Back from their recent illness" but I haven't had any luck finding it. Neither of those songs are on the album, either... kinda strange.

If you ever find a link, make sure to share it!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Michael said...

Here, I do not really imagine it is likely to have effect.
air travel regulations | Peru Travel Packages | juegos de carros monster

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home