Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Killers - The World We Live In

"I heard a rumor that you quit this day and age"

I'm not sure how I feel about the Killers' new album yet. Many are going to find it way too bland, and I might end up fitting into that category too. Oddly enough, it seems like the Killers are morphing into Keane this year and Keane are morphing into the Killers. Strange.
Anyway, onto the album. It's definitely got a slower tempo than their past two releases and, while all tracks (except the last one) are good, none really stand out. It's a grower, for sure, but how much it actually grows remains to be seen. I waffled between two tracks to post today (This Is Your Life and The World We Live In), neither of which are really uptempo. But, other than the singles, they're my favorites right now. I think I'll go with The World We Live In, mostly because of the great beat and stately synth work. I can't help but feel that this song should have opened the album. It would segue into Human brilliantly.

The Killers - The World We Live In (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home