Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pony Pony Run Run - Boy/Girl Surrender

"Call me all night"

I am not a fan of Pony Pony Run Run's band name. It's just too long and ridiculous. But, forgetting their name, the music is excellent. It's retro synth-rock in the Killers mold, but with more of a dance edge. In that way they're not unlike amazing Manchester band Daggers, though of course not nearly as good (who is?). They're from France, but they don't really sound like it. They've got a lot more energy than most of their peers, which in my mind is a very very good thing. Boy/Girl Surrender is my favorite Pony Pony song so far. I can't discern most of the lyrics, but the melody is ace and I love all the little electronic blips that twist the verses around. They're probably the most exciting up-and-coming French band out right now.

Pony Pony Run Run - Boy/Girl Surrender (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great song, what a find! (Longtime reader, first time commenter. It was through this blog that I discovered Infernal, when you posted "Punk Disco" which is a song I still can't help but dance to whenever it comes on.)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Robpop said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this band! On DSTP i said "Their sound is consists of hard pop-polymers of discodust which has me spiraling into a haze of mirrorball delight" and i stand by that!

You also might like Oh Fibes (Sweden), Cloetta Paris (Sweden), Friday Bridge (Sweden) & the electropop luvie David Courtin of France...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Scott, Punk Disco is one of the best tracks released this year, no question. Glad I could help turn you on to it.

Rob, they are good, aren't they? I'm not yet ready to declare them amazing, but they're well on their way! As far as your other recommendations, I do like Fibes Oh Fibes quite a lot (some of their songs, at least) and I've checked out Friday Bridge but I'll have to listen to the others.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home