Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hilotrons - Emergency Street

"People keep me moving to the edge of the street"

Hilotrons are a new wave indie pop band from Canada who have been getting a ton of critical praise with each album they've released. Their music is odd--at times almost experimental--while still conforming to basic pop structures. Sometimes they can get a bit too indie for my tastes, but I love their bright, herky-jerky sound and some of their songs are downright genius. Emergency Street was the instant standout from their most recent release for me. I love the opening verse with its funny little electronic noises, and the chorus is completely addictive from the very first listen. At times these guys really remind me of Oh No Ono, which is kinda surprising to find outside of Scandinavia.

Hilotrons - Emergency Street (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home