Your Ad Here

Monday, January 26, 2009

"When we only had each other it was more than enough"

Up until this point, I hadn't really had any sort of opinion on Justin Hawkins' new band Hot Leg. I loved The Darkness, especially their underrated second album, but figured the new stuff would be less poppy based on what I'd heard. But to my surprise (so far at least) their output seems to actually be poppier. Take the gorgeous melody of Cupboard Love. Despite being relegated to b-side status, it's a full-on Meat Loaf style pomp rocker, and I absolutely love it. Opening with almost orchestral synths, it sounds like a ballad for awhile before the throwback background vocals come in, all leading into an complete explosion of a chorus. The album, Red Light Fever, comes out in a week and I can't wait to hear it. If it's anything like this track, then it could end up being a surprise 2009 favorite for me.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home