Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Put your hands where I can see them"

"I'm blown away" -- These are the first three words of Disarmed and they describe perfectly how I feel about this stellar pop song. Others have blogged about it in the past few months, and I'm not quite sure how I avoided it up till now, but after finally hearing it I am among the obsessed. This kind of cheesy pop music can be real hit and miss with me, but when Bassflow (who has also produced pretty much all of the Ola Svensson songs I like) is involved, I'm practically guaranteed to love it. The sound is very specific, and I'd probably describe it as "eighties power-dance." That is, it's got one foot on the dancefloor and the other in the realm of power-pop. And there are always synths involved. It's a rather thin line between this and gooey, boring boyband type stuff, but luckily Disarmed has the same ingredients that made Ola's S.O.S. one of my favorite songs of the past few years. If someone finally gets around to crafting an entire album of this sound, it will no doubt be a masterpiece. I dare you not to sing along when you listen to this track.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home