Your Ad Here

Monday, February 09, 2009

"Cock! C-c-c-c-ocktails!"

The new album by Hot Leg (aka: The Darkness Pt. II) comes out today and I must say I'm impressed. I went in pretty skeptical, but the thing is you can't really be skeptical with this kind of music. I mean, it's meant to be stupid. And stupid it certainly is, but boy it's fun. And the thing is, Justin Hawkins has got a real ear for melody. It's in full display on Cocktails, the track I'm totally smitten with right now. It sounds like the kind of AOR anthem you'd hear from Journey or Survivor in the 80's. That is, until the frantic choral hook comes in. It's one of the poppier songs on the album, and the kind of rock song that you can actually dance to. The verses are just perfect. Like most of the tracks on the album, it's very much a Darkness song with some new musicians playing it. It would have fit perfectly on One Way Ticket, an underrated album if ever there was one. There's also a very 80's video to this. I guess it's the new single??

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home