Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

This song has been grafted to my brain for the past few days. Sukkerchok (translates to "SugarShock") participated in the Danish preselection this past weekend and actually got pretty close to winning, though the Danes went with a boring ballad instead. Sukkerchok is a girl group that, as their name suggests, makes very sugary pop/dance music. It's not always my thing, but I couldn't resist Det' Det. The first thing that drew me in were the Alienhits-approved synths in the verses (similar to ones in Van Halen's Jump, Galvatrons' When We Were Kids, The Crash's Still Alive...etc.). It's just a sound that I adore. A lot of people have been comparing this track to Katy Perry's Hot 'n Cold, a song I'm not terribly fond of. The fact is, Det' Det's chorus craps all over Perry's and the song as a whole is about a million times more epic. I wish these girls would record an English album of tracks just like this.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home