Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 19, 2009

"It's not the same as kissing you but that's how it will stay"

Alex Roots is a new singer from the UK that reminds me of a rockier version of Lily Allen. She lists Queen and Cyndi Lauper as influences, which was enough for me to check her out a couple of months ago. It turns out her music is extremely varied, and there are definitely songs I like better than others. One of the best is Don't Stop Looking, which is one of the dancier tracks and really does belong to the same genre as Cyndi Lauper. I'm not sure why she's gone with the rockier Fake as her first promo single, because I think this is the one to get her radio play. There's some fantastic guitar here and a relentless 80's beat. I'll be interested to see what kinds of styles she sticks with on her debut album, due out this summer.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very promising. Completely agree on "Don't Stop Looking". It is the best of the bunch.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home