Your Ad Here

Monday, March 02, 2009

"Don't bring flowers after I'm dead"

After both Poster Girl and Dirrrtypop raved about this guy, I had to check out the album. I'd heard Hurtful on Swedish radio before and liked it (though I wasn't blown away or anything). Same thing with the record. I wasn't blown away instantly. But, a couple more listens and I'm really enjoying it. It kind of reminds me of a Swedish-poppy version of Gavin Degraw with more emphasis on soul and pop than rock. I especially love the uptempo tracks. Don't Bring Flowers (with its simple yet enormously effective synth hook) has been stuck in my head for days. The album is similarly catchy once it settles in, and some tracks are really impressive. I imagine this will do very well in Sweden and, given the chance, would probably be a hit over here too. It's one of those rare albums that manages to be both poppy and artistic.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to the album here.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Any idea where I can get hold of a (legal) download of the album?

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woh, this one sounds quite funky, like you said, both poppy and artistic. :D

I don't know how you get across these songs, but for the last 6 months, most of them are in my top charts. (although i currently study in Denmark, I don't really hear these songs on the radio, only occasionally, maybe I should switch to other posts)


thanks for sharing all this, you're doing a great job!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Derek, I'm not sure the album is actually out yet. The best I can do for you is point to the website where you can listen to the whole thing (link is at the bottom of my post)
Prigix... so great to hear that you're enjoying the music! I love hearing that people have found songs they like from this blog. And lucky you, studying in Denmark. I've always wanted to go.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Nick, I've been listening to the album via that ecard...can't wait to get hold of an actual copy now but, like you said, I don't think it's released yet. I'll keep an eye out though!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

The album comes out March 25, so it should be available for purchase in places when we get closer to that date!

(I only just saw the comments now. I should have mentioned when I first read this post, though, that I love how after all my waffling attempts to put my thoughts about the album into words, you summed it up in one sentence perfectly.)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home