Your Ad Here

Monday, March 09, 2009

"Did you hear your favorite song one last time?"

I've been meaning to write about this song for months, but keep forgetting. With The '59 Sound, American band The Gaslight Anthem have crafted the single I wish the Killers would have come back with. It's a grand, melodic rock song with one hell of a chorus. In that way, it's a very close cousin to When We Were Young. These guys have been compared to Springsteen a lot (and maligned by some for that very reason), but I've never really been a Springsteen fan so it doesn't matter to me. What I hear when I listen to this song is a refreshing burst of energy that's been missing in most of American rock during the past few years. Above all, it's an amazing track. I think another one of their songs is doing the rounds on Radio One right now in the UK, but for my money this is the big hit.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home