Your Ad Here

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Love what you're doing"

The curiously titled Milke are an electro/pop duo from the UK that are set to make waves in 2009. Out of all their songs, the newest single Love Get Out Of My Way is my favorite. It's just a great, upbeat pop song. For some reason I'm reminded a bit of Hall & Oates when I'm listening to these guys. Maybe it's just because there are two of them and they make radio friendly music. Milke are both a litle more indie and a little more dance than Hall & Oates ever were, but I still think that's a template they could pursue and find success. Regardless, this Scissor Sisters-esque song is something I can see gaining a lot of traction during the next few months and becoming quite the smash if there's any justice in the world. I love lead singer Ra's voice. There's something very gripping about it... the perfect sound for this style of music.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't find the link to the song in this post

12:26 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

The link is the title of the post :)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home