Your Ad Here

Monday, March 30, 2009

"I'm born under a badly busted sign"

Sweden's Moneybrother is out with a new single before the album is released on the 15th, and it's quite addictive. For those not in the know, Moneybrother is responsible for the massive, earth-shatteringly good They're Building Walls Around Us a few years ago, as well as the fantastic single Guess Who's Gonna Get Some Tonight in 2007. The new single is definitely up there in quality. It's instantly catchy and upbeat, and has me super excited for the album. I haven't stopped singing the chorus since I heard it a few weeks ago. Moneybrother's been called Sweden's answer to Bruce Springsteen, though his voice is far more unique and, not being much a Springsteen fan myself, he's much more interesting. I hope there are some grandiose string arrangements on the new disc like on his 2005 album, To Die Alone. He's at his best when he amps up the drama, though direct pop songs like this one are definitely good too.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home