Your Ad Here

Monday, April 27, 2009

"It's up to me and you to prove it"

Gossip's excellent Standing In The Way Of Control was a huge hit when I was interning in England a few years ago. I loved the song, but not much else from their album. Then, last night I heard their new single on Radio One and was blown away. The first thing I noticed was the insane, hypnotic beat, then the vocal melody, which wraps around the guitar perfectly. I love how the track starts out slow, then smashes right into things. In that way (and others), it's like Control, but I don't remember having such a visceral response to that song the first time I heard it. Also, Heavy Cross really isn't as straightforward as Control was, meandering through a lot of vocal acrobatics and ad libs. Usually that's not really my thing, but the song's so darn catchy and raw. It's irresistible. I hope that the upcoming album is as good as this track. Unfortunately, it's not out until late June and there's not a lot of information about it yet, except the title (Music Of Men).

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the first album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home