Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"I don't like falling behind"

I've been very lax about mentioning Danish popsters Oh No Ono's latest work. The new album, Eggs, comes out on the 20th of this month. Part of the reason that I didn't write about their new tracks yet is because it's honestly taken me awhile to wrap my head around them. I loved the band's debut record, which introduced a bizarre herky-jerky pop/new wave sound that was unlike anything else out there. From hearing a handful of their new songs, their sound has changed quite a bit. It's not as immediate anymore, forgoing pogostick hooks for alien soundscapes and prog melodies. Lead single Internet Warrior is a perfect example of this new sound. It's not what I was expecting to hear (or honestly wanted) from the guys, but it's very good in an MGMT type of way. I also quite like a few of the other songs they've got on their myspace right now, so it'll be interesting to see what the album's like.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

I'm really digging what I've heard so far of their new album. It is different, less poppy, yet somehow it really engages me. I couldn't stand the slower stuff on their last album, but this is much better. These songs seem to fit better and sound less like pop songs sung by a strange Muppet.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Having heard their album now, I must say I'm pretty disappointed. To me, they've lost their spark and now sound like something you'd hear on American college radio--hipster type music.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home