Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Tommy Sparks - She's Got Me Dancing

I've been following this guy for awhile now and each time I check up on his websites, there are more samples from the album (out May 11th...already!) and I'm further convinced of his genius. The new video for the launch single, She's Got Me Dancing, seals the deal. I am in love with this video, especially the hilarious, laser-shooting opening. And the song... well, now that I've finally heard the entire thing I am more than obsessed. We're talking album-of-the-year potential, here. Everything is working overtime.



Also, be sure to check out the clever video for his energetic debut single, I'm A Rope. And, if you're a fan of this insane video director's work (like I am), check out the super-strange video to MGMT's excellent single, The Youth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

This is good. I'm definitely going to find this album when it comes out.

Check out Filthy Dukes where http://www.filthydukes.com/ Tommy Sparks sings on a track on their "Nonsense In the Dark" album called "Messages."

Another track, "this Rhythm" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPD0jB53Vbo

I'm not a big fan of their other single "Tupac Robot Club Rock" which is mainly rap, but the rest of the album is dancy electronica like the video above.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I think you read my mind as to what I was going to post today!

As you can see in the post above, I quite adore Messages. I also love Elevator, the song they did with To My Boy. It's a good album all-around, actually.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's also the director of this gem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI3g9RaVkdY

(also another great band)

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home