Your Ad Here

Monday, April 06, 2009

"Nothing really matters when we're out of control"

I have this weird premonition that Tommy Sparks' brilliant single, She's Got Me Dancing (video below), is going to the be the UK's song of the spring/early summer. I hope I'm right. It's been added to radio one's upfront list but needs to be a-listed in time for the album. I'm a little obsessed with Tommy Sparks' music right now, hence another post about him. The songs I've heard from the album have got me anticipating the May 11th release date like crazy. The Cars-ish These Things Happen and the bombastic debut single I'm A Rope have got me going especially mental. Today, however, I'm posting a song that won't be on the album. Messages is a track that Sparks did with Filthy Dukes for their album, and it's a standout 80's dance song. I can't help but think that this is what Scissor Sisters' comeback single should sound like (or Alphabeat's, for that matter). The hook is simple, the beat is intense, and the vocals (as usual) are perfect. Oh, and despite residing in the UK, he was born and raised in Sweden, which I guess explains why everything sounds so amazing.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the Filthy Dukes album here. Preorder the Tommy Sparks album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home