Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Bombs, bombs away"

I was so tempted to post an Adam Lambert song today, but I think I've already gotten all my thoughts out on that particular issue. So, in keeping with the spirit, I'll be posting a song by another Idol-non-winner with star potential. This time it's Swedish Idol, and Johan Palm. Johan's album came out on Wednesday and, although I haven't given it more than one listen yet, I can safely say it is miles better than winner Kevin Borg's. I was a big fan of Borg and didn't begrudge him the win at all. He was by far the most vocally talented of the bunch, though Johan's voice translates to record much better. It's got the grit that Borg's is lacking. Ultimately I think he'll end up more successful. Teenage Battlefield is the opener on his album, and should be the next single (unless they go with a ballad, in which case I recommend the gorgeous All The Time In The World--a hit if I've ever heard one). It sounds a bit like the Killers' younger brother, which is of course a fantastic thing. It's precisely the style of music I was hoping he'd go for, and it works wonders on this track. And while the rest of the album's not quite the same, it's still a solid debut from an artist I think we'll be seeing for awhile.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home