Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Don't be surprised if I'm gonna be late"

I posted a mid-eighties Bolland & Bolland track a few months ago, but I've been listening to their fantastic 1981 nuclear-war-synth-pop-opera-concept-album The Domino Theory a lot lately so I thought I would post another track from this little known band today. Heaven Can Wait is probably the danciest, poppiest song on the album, despite tying in lyrically with the whole nuclear war story. The chorus on this one is massive and instantly catchy. I love pop songs that sound absolutely bubbly and straightforward, but are actually really dark underneath the surface. Heaven Can Wait begins with a soldiers' march and ends with a round of bullets, but everything in between is total pop bliss.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home