Your Ad Here

Monday, June 15, 2009

"Now I'm done with superstars"

Hell has frozen over. I never imagined that I'd end up posting a Jonas Brothers track on this blog. I'd tried to get into their music in the past but never really succeeded. I just don't understand the popularity. I mean, I get that they're teen idols (a position that's been around forever), but aren't there better candidates? Maybe not, because their new album is actually... impressive. Their sound has shifted (more horns, more experimentation with genres, and all-around better songwriting). Much Better is downright stunning. As with most of the album, it's very 70's influenced--a sparkling mid-tempo disco track at odds with the sharpness of its lyrics. Apparently it's about Taylor Swift (to which I say... who cares?), but it comes across as a perfect summer (should-be)single. I am stunned that I like this album so much. Jonas detractors, check it out and see if you feel the same.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

and if the shock of them having a proper decent song wasn't enough, they had McFly on stage with them last night and performed Star Girl!!!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Kristopher said...

This won't have effect in reality, that's exactly what I think.
http://auedtabs.com

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home