Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"My transmission starts when you're alone"

Apart from the singles and the obvious singles-to-be, the shimmery, synth-soaked Tune Into My Heart is my favorite from Little Boots' soon-to-be-released debut album. It's hardly reinventing the wheel, but that's not really the point. In an era where electropop is suddenly all the rage, it's a nice pop song for the summer. I doubt Little Boots will be remembered in five or ten years (hell, I might not even remember the album at the end of this year). There's really nothing different about her, but she does produce quality, radio-friendly electropop so I can't complain. In fact, if you were to take half of the album and graft it onto the best parts of Kylie's X, you'd have the album that Minogue should have released in 2007. Could Little Boots become the new Kylie? Doubtful, but it's all about the songwriting. We'll see where she goes from here...

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home