Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Hey honey I'm missing you"

After falling in love with their excellent early 80's singles Singing In The 80's and Nobody Told Me, I'd been waiting for over a year to hear The Monitor's one and only album Back From Their Recent Illness. The aforementioned singles were both new wave hits in Australia and the band's only real successes. Unfortunately, when I finally tracked down the album, it was a bit of a disappointment, but I was still happy to hear it. There are a couple of standout tracks beyond the single, including the delirious (and unfortunately over-repetitive) opener, Who Do You Think It Was?. As an 80's geek, I love discovering obscure bands from the decade, and even if the music doesn't quite live up to its potential, it's still a real treat to hear.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home