Your Ad Here

Monday, July 20, 2009

"Sing with me tonight"

While not the pop masterpiece it could have been, Blake Lewis' debut record is highly underrated. At least he tried something, unlike most of the American Idol alum. Now he's preparing for his second album, which is said to be even more pop/dance. The first single, Sad Song, is great but I can tell you now that it will not be a hit. But, you know... that's totally fine. It's far more European than most Americans like and expect, but I think Blake's better as an indie artist anyway. Most importantly, he's stayed true to himself and produced something that he's proud of (or at least I assume so). He continues to be one of the most musically interesting in the AI cannon and probably the one creating music closest to my taste. Consider this an appetizer to the bound-to-be-great Adam Lambert single.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the first album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

your assessment is probably right. I mean, i actually really like the song, think it fits in well with the current chart sound over here in the UK, but not sure it will relaunch his career stateside :/ which is a shame really. I'm looking forward to the album though. (and maybe your thoughts on Mika?)

12:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I will prob do a post on Mika soon. I LOVE the new song.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home