Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Tired of this place, tired of this city"

Although it's all about Michael right now (and believe you me, I am a freaky-enormous-obssesso fan), Janet's always been the Jackson for me. The fan love has slowed in recent years when her music began to take a different direction, but yesterday an unreleased Rhythm Nation track leaked and reminded me of exactly how ridiculously amazing she is. it's funny because I've actually been looking for an excuse to write about Rhythm Nation since I listened to it a week or so ago. Even with all its accolades and success, I think it is an extremely underrated album in the grand scheme of things. I can't think of anything that came before or after it that sounded or looked the same. It's full of the kind of artistic, ground(and ball)breaking pop music that really doesn't exist anymore. And Work, the new unreleased track, is better than anything on the radio now. And the thing is, it's not even technically "finished" yet. I practically drool over the thought that there are more tracks in the vault like this. This is how it's done, folks. And Ms. Jackson? Please get back to this sort of thing. It's so funky.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy Rhythm Nation here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i remember my friends being "shocked" that i bought RN1814 when it came out (yes i'm that old) because my world was so Stock Aitken and Waterman back then, but i just couldn't get enough of that album. Thought it was magnificent, still do. Will be hunting this down right now!!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous MP3 Now said...

Janet is Janet!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

There are apparently multiple canned projects in between Control and RN. It makes me wonder how many unreleased songs actually exist from this era. I want more!!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home