Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Take me with you, I start to miss you"

To be honest, this song is here today because of the handclaps. I am a big fan of handclaps in music, and without them this would be another generic emopop single (though actually this is more like straight-up powerpop than emo). Marianas Trench are a Canadian band who have recently released a concept album called Masterpiece Theatre that at times can get pretty theatrical. Fans of Queen should definitely check out the opening title track, the band's take on a Bohemian Rhapsody structure (complete with choral vocals). Even with all that drama, Cross My Heart is my favorite track. It's just a simple, unbelievably catchy radio single. Plus, the hand claps... LORD, the handclaps!

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Great song and you're right...the hand claps totally make it! Love your blog, too!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home