Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 06, 2009

"You're a nice guy with the wrong attitude"

Cobra Starship are a band that really should not be as good as they are. They sprung from the Snakes on a Plane movie, for god sakes! Who would have thought that, three albums later, they'd have hit the bigtime with a proper hit single and one of the summers' best tracks in Good Girls Go Bad. We're in an interesting stage in U.S. music right now that I like to call post-emo. Gone are most of the put-on, whiny "emo" vocals in pop and rock music. Instead we've got bands like 3Oh!3 and Boys Like Girls making genuine pop/dance music. Sure, their albums are certainly not consistently good, but I think Cobra Starship may have created the first consistent, post-emo record worth listening to. The album kicks off with perhaps the best track, the damn-is-it-really-that-good Nice Guys Finish Last. The melody and vocals are pure pop, and I love the bridge with the chanting girls and the super huge/catchy chorus. Check out the new album. It really is surprisingly fantastic.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the new album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I've downloaded the album, and will put it on my "plane playlist" as I fly to austria. Will let you know what I am thinking when i get back :)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm curious to hear your thoughts. It's certainly a very likeable album.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home