Your Ad Here

Friday, September 18, 2009


"Works better when sedated"

This track by Danish/Portuguese band M.A.U. (Man and Unable) (?!) showed up in my inbox and I was struck by how closely it resembles one of my favorite bands, Scissor Sisters, back when they were in demo form. Anyone who's heard the genius SS track Electrobix will certainly appreciate Toboggan. It's even got a female refrain towards the middle for that Ana Matronic touch. Towards the end, the track evolves into an instrumental electro-dance symphony of sorts. It's really pretty cool for a band I've certainly never heard of before. This track is the first from their upcoming third album. Yep, they have two older releases... I'll have to do some digging because this is very promising.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

5 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

hideous band name. promising track :)

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Blues said...

Track is exhilarating from the contemporary music. Nice to see such a different music on block

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great song!

11:15 PM  
Blogger ZumZumMataMoscas said...

I first ear from this guys from a link to their "Prick I am" video on youtube. This was like 2/3 years ago and since then I've been following some of their releases.
They are really good but, as they are portuguese, they don't get enough international media attention and coverage.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This a great track!!!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home