Your Ad Here

Friday, October 16, 2009

"Do you wanna do me?"

I mostly wanted to post this so that I'd have a chance to write about the brilliant new series Modern Family. For those of you who haven't seen it, it is (in addition to Glee) the best new comedy on the air. Shot in the documentary style of the Office, but utilizing it better--like Summer Heights, High did--it's the rare 30-minute series that manages to juggle an enormous amount of characters and find time to develop them all. This song comes from Wednesday's episode, and if you saw the show you'll surely remember why it was so funny in the situation. Subtle, it's not. Then ABC decided to take the snippet heard in the episode and produce a full song for download (and a music video!). The best part is, as stupid as it's meant to be, the track's pretty damn catchy. Sort of reminds me of Interpol? Maybe not quite, but it's freaking stuck in my head, for sure.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the song here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

love love love the show, possibly second best new show this season (after Glee of course - marginally ahead of Community which I also adore!) Haven't seen this week's ep yet but will be watching it on the plane tomorrow :) Chuckling away I imagine...

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home