Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Through the waving curtain wall the sun is streaming"

Swedish duo Kite have now officially released their long-delayed second EP, titled (what else?) II. It is even stranger than their debut, with five tracks--including their poppiest yet (Cannonballs) and their strangest (Hills = celt-ronica?). They've also included their cover of the Weeping Willow's I Give You The Morning, which is quite nice. There's something very unique about these guys, something that would catch my ear even if one of my favorite singers in the world wasn't the vocalist. With this track, they've turned a subtle folksy ballad into an electronic masterpiece. I'm not sure if they'll ever release a full-length album, but if they keep releasing EPs of this quality, I will be very happy indeed.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it's actually a Tom Paxton song, but I also heard the WW version first

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home