Your Ad Here

Monday, November 23, 2009

Martin Solveig - Rejection

"I spend so much energy"

A bit of a flashback today. This song is from a few years ago, but I'm betting (hoping?) that a lot of you haven't heard it. I hadn't paid Martin Solveig any attention until his brilliant duet with Dragonette this year. Looking at his back catalog, there are a few real stunners I uncovered. Rejection is perhaps the best, and reminds me very much of beloved Danish band Private. It's got that old school, soulful Prince/Michael Jackson sound to it--totally bright and happy, even when the guy's singing about being rejected. The minimalist video is ridiculously entertaining as well. This guy is a real ham. I was actually surprised when I found out that he's French. This is not really the type of music I'd expect to come out of France, especially sung in English.

Martin Solveig - Rejection

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I had no idea who Martin was other than the Dragonette duet, so when I saw the title I thought it was a new song. It could easily be - it doesn't sound old and you are right; hopefully people will be checking out his back catalogue soon...

PS if I've read about him on here before, I've forgotten and apologise!! Sometimes I listen to songs and know I know them from somewhere but can never remember where!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger A1 said...

ok guys Martin is amazing!!
i strongly recommend the album "Hedonist", featuring "Everybody" and "Jealousy" (and no Paul, its not a PSWB cover :))

3:24 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Paul, I've never written about him before outside of the Dragonette collaboration, so you're safe!

A1, I'm not sure I love the album as a whole, but there are quite a few standouts. He's more of a singles artist for me.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home