Your Ad Here

Friday, December 18, 2009

Skyship Academy

Ever since I was a kid, I've been writing stories. As I grew up, I realized that story-writing could be more than a hobby, and about six years ago I started writing seriously with publication a distant, seemingly unattainable dream. Thousands of pages of unused manuscripts later, I began tackling the business side of publishing, seeking out an agent in the summer of 2008. As the new year began, I took the next step and found representation for my novel. Eight months later and I'm thrilled to announce that I've signed a two-book deal with Flux for the first two installments of my Skyship Academy series. The first book will be released in 2011!

I write for teens and kids, and have always focused on that audience. It's what I personally like to read as well, and a place where I can be truly imaginative without having to explain myself. Skyship Academy is a fast-paced sci-fi adventure, inspired by some of my favorite authors in the genre - Eoin Colfer, Anthony Horowitz and James Patterson among many, many others. Here's a very brief summary/teaser taken from the official announcement on Publishers Marketplace:

SKYSHIP ACADEMY
When a fifteen-year-old slacker discovers that he has the power to control Pearls - fragments of space debris that are a dying Earth's most important energy source - the government's forces work to capture him.


As with any book release, there's a lot of work to do between now and publication, but I'll keep you guys updated throughout the process, as well as link to my author site when it's up and ready. And, as always, you can follow me on twitter for updates on this and other little day-to-day things that I like to pretend are one hundred times wittier and interesting than they actually are.

And a huge thank you to this blog's loyal readers. It's been a struggle at times to keep everything up and running this year as revisions and editing knock down my door, and I imagine it'll only get busier, but rest assured Alienhits is going nowhere. I love my pop music too much!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Nick, this is fantastic news! Congratulations! Based on your writing here and the taste in entertainment (not just music but books, TV shows, etc.), it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Good luck with the launch and congratulations again--this must be SO exciting for you and I hope you're feeling both honored and deserving. I'll look forward to hearing more about this great project of yours.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

well done, i'm absolutely so thrilled for you. What a great title for the novels too! Really, i'm so so excited for you! Please keep us informed of every development along the way! And so happy you are still doing alienhits. I love it here!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there --

I've been reading your blog for a long time, and I just wanted to congratulate you on this achievement! From the moment I started reading your blog, I noticed what a gifted writer you are. Realizing a dream is an accomplishment few get to achieve. Congrats!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks for the kind words! It's definitely a very exciting time. I'll be updating as the process unfolds...

6:47 PM  
Blogger A1 said...

wow man congrats!
i wish you every success

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home