Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Top 50 Singles of 2009: 35-31

35. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling



Ubiquitous this year, and more maddening each time it was played, it’s easy to forget that when this first came out it was instantly the group’s high point. I just don’t want to hear it again for awhile.

34. Aqua - Back To The 80’s



A shamelessly nostalgic dance track composed of little more than a list of 80’s high points. It should have been horrible, but the melody keeps it in epic territory.

33. Erik Hassle - Hurtful



The only song on this list that I think still has a chance of crossing over big in the States. Not usually my type of thing, but the sum is greater than its parts in this case.

32. Gossip - Heavy Cross



Primarily a showcase for Beth Ditto’s howling vocals, this muscular funk track surprised me this year. There’s something almost primal about it.

31. Caroline af Ugglas - Snälla snälla




Usually the type of song I hate to see in Melodifestivalen, this 70’s-styled ballad took the competition by storm and won a place in my heart. Very endearing.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yuяi said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who showed some Aqua love at year-end. It is indeed a shameless track that somehow works. Great song.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

My Aqua love came late in the year, when I finally came to my senses and realized how brilliant their 2009 singles were.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home