Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Ark Catalog

In case you're not a twitter follower, I want to alert you to some exciting news. The Ark is now streaming their entire catalog on their studio blog in high quality, including all single releases (that means b-sides, remixes, etc). This is the perfect chance to casual fans (as if that can exist) to dive into their collection.
Be sure to check out the b-sides, definitely. They've got some great ones (my favorites probably being Opera, Topsy Kaiser, Cygnet to Cygnet and Power to Change, but they're all fantastic - favorites change month to month!).

So have a listen and tell me what you think. I never have too many chances to write about the Ark!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

this is very brilliant and exciting news indeed isn't it? I am off to listen right now :)

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Natasza said...

What a surprise - I went there to learn that I actually know ALL the songs. I guess it puts me under the category of a fan ;)

1:54 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I know, I wish there was something new. Being the obsesso-fan I am, I've already heard all this stuff. So my hope when posting this is that it would be exciting for others. Hopefully it was!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Gumby said...

I'm just happy to have a way to organize all these songs I've had laying around, some in triplicate without knowing where they belonged. It's makes an anal music collector happy.

The only extra thing I had was "The Lamb." I have no idea where that came from. And I was missing "Kolla Kolla" so there was one find.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

The Lamb is pre-everything, around the time of the Racing With The Rabbits EP (when their sound was completely different). There's actually a music video for it on youtube, which is a hoot because it's so different and they're SO young!

Yay for getting Kolla Kolla. LOVE that song!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Natasza said...

It's somehow funny that Kolla Kolla is their only recorded song in Swedish and it's not even really their ;) But they do have some brilliant b-sides, sometimes I even find them better than some album stuff (vide Topsy Kaiser or Opera)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

I really like "Stay Real, Look Sweet" B-Side on the Clamour for Glamour single. Never heard that song before. It's really good.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home