Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Is this the tracklist for the Ark's new cd?

Now, I'm not Swedish (as much as I'd like to be!), and although I can read bits and pieces of the language, I'm not so good with the aural part. But... the following list of songs appeared at the end of the Ola Salo documentary that aired recently on Swedish television. Two of the titles have already been confirmed by the band, and a demo clip of track two plays at the end of the same documentary. So I ask my Swedish readers, did the voice-over reveal anything I missed?
If it's really the finished list, then it is certainly quite interesting. Strange song titles, even for them. I'd love more than nine songs, unless one of those songs is a super long epic! Also, I hope that the final version of Singing 'bout the City is a little bigger sounding. Bombast has always been the Ark's best quality, in my opinion. Best of many.

1. Hanuman
2. Singing ‘bout the City
3. Have you ever heard a Song
4. Wonders of New Amsterdam
5. Do Right to me, Babe
6. Publicity Seeking Rockers
7. I Just Wanna
8. Change of Hearts
9. The Leadership Void

UPDATE: Okay, here's the clip with subtitles. Looks like this may have just been a kind of idea rather than actual songs. Though, as I said, two of the titles have been confirmed by the band. And I thought I remembered them saying that the album wouldn't be country rock. I hope that's right. I can't see country rock being something I'd like from the Ark, though if anyone could do it justice, it'd be them.
All in all, a really interesting look into the creative process. I love that he made a little idea book. That's something I would totally do.

What do you think of the new song? Keep in mind it's a demo. The musical direction could completely change. Melody and lyrics sound nice, though.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous ArkArmy said...

These are some really weird song titles. And yes, I also hope there are more than 9 songs on the album. "Singing 'bout the city" is kinda catchy. Do you think it will be the first single, or "Have you ever heard a song"??

10:46 PM  
Anonymous alex said...

I accidentally stumbled upon the last part of that documentary on TV. From what I saw Ola first thought of these songs as something more suitable for a solo album, but they agreed the songs could be an interesting, yet a bit different, The Ark-album. The song that I saw sounded smashing!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

incidentally, i think you must be an honorary swedish person by now...

11:27 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I would be honored to be an honorary Swede :)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home