Your Ad Here

Monday, February 22, 2010

Taio Cruz - Keep Going


"Keep going 'til we run out of road"

Taio Cruz is one of the UK's best kept secrets. He's quite successful over there, most recently with his fantastic single Break Your Heart, and is easily one of the country's best producers. Other than a couple of tracks (which try too hard to sound American), his newest album borders on perfection. Rather than settle for simple r&b, Cruz deftly brings electro, club and straight-up pop into the mix, creating a sound that feels like what the Black Eyed Peas wish they were doing. It's just massive... almost symphonic at times. Keep Going is one of the album's poppier tracks, and something I can imagine being performed by one of Sweden's top hit-makers like Ola Svensson or Darin. It's got its sights set on "soaring" and never lets go of that mission statement. It is, to use my favorite descriptive word, quite epic. I wouldn't be surprised if American companies try to launch him over here. Our r&b/dance scene could use the kick in the butt.

Taio Cruz - Keep Going

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

you know, he's one of those artists I always take for granted but never really purchase anything of, yet always seem to like. That was quite a long, poorly constructed sentence, but I think I got my point across!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Agreed. Then I listened to the album and was stunned. It's not perfect, but through some rejiggering, I've made it perfect!

My tracklist: 1. Break Your Heart 2. No Other One 3. Take Me Back 4. Only You 5. Come On Girl (from first album) 6. Falling In Love 7. Keep Going 8. Feel Again 9. The 11th Hour 10. Forever Love

10:02 PM  
Anonymous alex said...

Are you sure there are no swedes involved in writing/producing this track? Sounds like a good Melodifestivalen-entry to me. Like Gareth Gate's hit "Anyone of Us (Stupid Mistake)" some years ago which was a totally swedish product in all ways.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

You know, I don't have the songwriting information. That would be interesting to know. I assume because he produces (or co-produces) all of his stuff that he writes it as well, but I don't have a physical copy of the cd with liner notes to check.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home