Your Ad Here

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Melodifestivalen: Andra Chansen - Predictions & Results

Tomorrow is the Andra Chansen round of Melodifestivalen, where eight acts will get a second chance to make it to the final. Out of the eight, only two will progress, and there's some stiff competition.

The way it's organized will make it tough for some acts, since they'll be competing head-to-head, tournament style. Here's what I think might happen based on what we've already seen:

Match 1 - Pain Of Salvation vs Pernilla
Now personally I'm supporting Pain Of Salvation here, but I think Pernilla has the edge. She's better known and she's got an uptempo. Over half of the songs in the final already are ballads. Voters may want to break that, which will give Pernilla the calls she needs.

Match 2 - Pauline vs Crucified Barbara
Though Pauline's riding high on the itunes singles chart, Crucified Barbara has that firey stage show that begs for votes. I think that will end up putting them over the edge, though this one will be close.

If I'm Right: Pernilla vs Crucified Barbara
And I think Pernilla will take it.

Match 3 - Kalle Moraeus vs Neo
This is an easy one for me to call personally, and (I hope) an easy one to predict. Neo has one of the best pop songs in the competition, and he should win here. The older, traditional stuff hasn't been playing that well this year.

Match 4 - Alcazar vs Jessica Andersson
Another seemingly easy one to call. Again, poor Jessica got saddled with another ballad and there are much stronger ballads in the competition. Alcazar have the name recognition and the right song. They'll sail through.

If I'm Right: Neo vs Alcazar
Alcazar has the edge, though I wish both would go straight through.

SHOW UPDATES:
First off, Måns covering Duran Duran was completely awesome. About time he got to do some singing.

First duel - Pain of Salvation vs. Pernilla
Pernilla goes through, as I predicted :)

Second duel - Pauline vs. Crucified Barbara
Crucified Barbara wins. I'm two for two!

Third duel - Kalle vs. Neo
Kalle takes it and I've gotta say that's pretty much the worst decision Sweden's made this year.

Fourth duel - Alcazar vs. Jessica
Whoa. Jessica. This thing's pretty much become ridiculous. Alcazar and Neo both eliminated? What's Sweden suddenly got against uptempo music? The last thing we needed in the final was another weepy ballad.

And at this point, I really don't care who goes onto the final. All my favorites have already been eliminated. What's up with Sweden's taste this year? Makes me a little nervous for my favorite musical country.

And the winners are: Pernilla and Jessica, neither of which add much to the final. Groan. What a disappointment. Stay tuned for my predictions on the final next week!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Oh no, so Neo might be up against Alcazar?! GAH! Though Neo is currently edging ahead with Human Frontier over Headlines for me...

2:21 AM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

OH NO part two!! How utterly ridiculous. God, the Swedish are making worse decisions than the British X Factor voters!! Ergo we now have Joe "I think i'd rather do musicals" McElderberry as our brightest pop hope. Good gravy!

PS Mans? Duran Duran?! Amazing!

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Hallor said...

IKR! I was so disappointed by the whole show. I was hoping for Alcazar, NEO and Pauline. Sweden is gonna fail so har this year. Again. Oh well, there's still the final.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home