Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hurts - Better Than Love


"You let your body burn like never before"

I feel like I've got a special connection to Hurts. I've been following them for several years now, ever since they were Daggers. And I couldn't be happier that they've chosen this, an uptempo Daggers song, for their official debut single. I wrote a few months ago about how worried I was that the Hurts album would be filled with downtempo tracks. It's not that I don't like their slower stuff (I do!), but the uptempo, energetic pop found in their work with Daggers qualifies as some of the most epic music released in the past few years. As far as I'm concerned, they could just release an album of that and I'd be beyond happy. They've augmented this particular track a bit from its Daggers days, but thankfully they haven't screwed it up. In fact, the subtle changes actually make it more dramatic. I've always loved how the verses surge into that powerful chorus. Theo really is a dynamic vocalist. I hope radio programmers pick up on this, prompting a go-ahead for uptempo Hurts music. It may not be particularly "moody" or "cool," but it's heaps more fun. I wonder if they'll be allowed to put Money on the album? (My guess is "yes," since Sony BMG have removed all the clips of it from youtube)

Hurts - Better Than Love by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger DanProject76 said...

Phew. Wonderful Life was marvellous but then I heard some just ok tracks... but this is great stuff.

11:19 AM  
Blogger DanProject76 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous alex said...

*loves*

8:04 AM  
Anonymous O u t s i d e r hood said...

Thanks for sharing this. I thought you might like this re-interpreted version of HURTS' 'Better Than Love' by Catherine AD.

Mp3: https://download.yousendit.com/OHo2Rm85OW5oMlUwTVE9PQ

Youtube: http://tumblr.com/xfdaqtrf8

Hope you like it.

S

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home