Your Ad Here

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Lovemakers - See What I Wanna See


"I only do what I wanna do"

I have been meaning to post this song for so long now, and it's the perfect time to do it since I'm currently operating on less than full blogging power due to being in a foreign country (I'm back in the States this Sunday if all goes well - though this Icelandic ash plume seems to want to thwart my plans). Anyways, remember the Lovemakers? They had one of my favorite 80's inspired pop albums a few years ago and have kind of drifted into obscurity ever since. They released their second full-length last year, called Let's Be Friends, and if you liked their earlier stuff you'll probably find a lot to like here, too. See What I Wanna See was the first new track I heard, and one with a lot of swagger. It's like an updated Joan Jett anthem. Sort of I Love Rock & Roll for the new millennium. It's a pity most people didn't even get to hear it. This band had one of the first tracks I ever posted on this blog way back in 2006 with the epic Gonna Find, so I'm glad to see that they're still at it and haven't had too dramatic a shift in style since then.

The Lovemakers - See What I Wanna See by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

OK I'll check these out if you check out Foxy Shazam's third album :) I won't be offended if you don't like!!

Good luck with the volcanic pain in every traveller's ash.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Rondo said...

Let's Be Friends ... best pop album of 2009, easily.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home