Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Meat Loaf - California Isn't Big Enough (Hey There Girl)


"I know you're a queen... I'm just a pawn"

This has one of the most audacious, did-he-just-say-that hooks that I've ever heard in a mainstream rock track. I won't spoil it for you. You'll just have to listen. It was also written by the Darkness' Justin Hawkins and (coincidentally) Foxy Shazam's Eric Nally. This explains not only the line but also the fact that it's the best song on Meat Loaf's new album. I mean, is there a bigger dream team than those three? They were made to be together, basically. Meat Loaf's pretty much a rock god to me, though album-wise he's far past his prime. The new one's better than the last, but I prefer to return to his prime period of the 70's to early 90's. Still, it's always nice to hear something new. More importantly, this track has an amazing hook. It probably fits a band like the Darkness more than Meat Loaf (mostly because I don't want to hear him going on about what he goes on about here), but it's a punch of adrenaline either way. And, unlike some of the album's clunkers, it's restrained to under five minutes.

Meat Loaf - California Isn't Big Enough (Hey There Girl) by milproj2

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

This is much better than one of the other more recent tracks I've heard by him, but considering Foxy Shazam in general and Justin darkness' recent contributions to music, that's not really surprising that it's actually quite good indeed.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

They should have just had them write the entire album. Instead they got people like Kara Dioguardi (!)
She actually sings on one of the songs with Meat Loaf. Weird to hear.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home