Your Ad Here

Monday, May 17, 2010

Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers


"All the lovers that have gone before, they don't compare to you"

We're really getting spoiled lately with all of these fantastic comebacks. Add Kylie to that list, because All The Lovers absolutely lives up to the hype. I was very disappointed by her last album (and lead single), but this feels like a brand new era. She's releasing exactly the type of music I hoped she would. All The Lovers, with its shimmery, otherworldly synths, hearkens back to her last great single (and one of my favorite Kylie tracks ever), 2004's I Believe In You. I can't think of any artist that can make this type of bittersweet disco melodrama as convincing as Kylie can. She feels completely plugged in this time around, treating the song as a theatrical, life-or-death paean to true love. If comparing the two (which is inevitable) I think I'll always prefer her to Madonna. The fact that she can bust out a single this epic this late in her career is actually pretty astounding (especially considering Madonna's recent output). If the album follows suit, we're in for a massive Minogue resurgence.

Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

It's blooming heavenly isn't it? I picked up on the subtle piano straight away and got straight to playing a piano only version which isn't as epic as the single but i do sound quite nice :P

11:58 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Really obsessed with this song! I'd love to hear your piano version :) A new youtube sensation in progress??

5:33 PM  
Blogger silvestre said...

I agree that Kylie's last album was a disappointment, not cohesive, but the lead single... amazing to say the least.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people are Krazy! X was an amazing album...yes 2 Hearts was not a great choice for a single let alone first but the production was great on X.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant tune!!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous pass a drug test said...

From time to time I look through your blog and glad to tell that your articles become better. Continue just like now. Good job!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home