Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Dragonette - My Things


"Don't touch my things"

When you've written a song as fantastically titled as Get Your Titties Off My Things, why shorten it to simply My Things? It reeks of record company infiltration, but whatever. The song's still the same, and it's a good one. Taken from the band's new EP Mixin' To Thrill, the track's an attitude-filled, aggressive electro stomper. Throughout their relatively short career, Dragonette have excelled at producing extremely high quality non-album tracks and b-sides. This is no different. In fact, the entire EP's amazing. There are three new songs and a bunch of remixes (but if you add the new stuff they recorded with Kaskade and Martin Solveig, you get a nice 5-track EP of original songs). And speaking of Dragonette, I have--for whatever reason--been absolutely re-obsessed with their '09 single Pick Up The Phone recently. What a brilliant pop song. (And the album it's taken from is only $5 on amazon! Can't beat that!)

Dragonette - My Things by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jes said...

I've been waiting for a studio version of 'Titties'! This is such a fantastic song. When they play it live it's great too, it gets real funk-y with all the bass in there

9:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I bet! They're one of those bands that I keep missing when they come around here. I need to see them live, pronto.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home