Your Ad Here

Friday, August 20, 2010

Gravitonas - Religious


"You can call me fanatic"

Gravitonas is an interesting concept. If I'm being honest, I would've rather just had a new album by BWO. But, since Gravitonas sound almost identical to BWO, it's not much of a complaint. They're not as visually interesting (yet), but Bard's music is always welcome on the pop landscape. Religious is the new single, and uses the same melodic structure we've grown accustomed to in many of Alexander Bard's songs. As usual, though, he's augmented it with a production flourish that makes the whole thing seem fresh again. In this case it's a choral, gospel sound that builds as the song goes along. It's not as instant as Kites was, but it improves on each listen. It's the instrumentation that really gets you. This is part of the band's new EP, which is also quite pleasant, if not earth-shatteringly good. I'm intrigued. We'll see where that leads...

Gravitonas - Religious by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i love it. Absolutely love it. It's one of those songs that struck me from first listen and now i can't get out my head (like Darin's Lovekiller). Perhaps I'm just in a choir in pop mood. The Ep is also pleasing me, though track 2 is definitely a BWO track and track 3 is A Teens doing Schools Out! Not a bad thing at all though :)

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jump! said...

I'm glad someone else thinks these sound like BWO songs.I don't think this project has quite lived up to its promise but like you said, Bard's pop songs are always welcome.
I would love to see them team with a lyricist. Alexander's lyrics sometimes seem a bit juvenile.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home