Your Ad Here

Friday, August 06, 2010

Mike Posner - Save Your Goodbye


"You're everywhere I go"

I should not like Mike Posner's music. It's so chart-ready, so of-the-moment-soul-pop and so unoriginal. BUT... I fell for Cooler Than Me on first listen back at the beginning of Summer and the love affair continues each time I hear it on the radio. Even more worryingly, the follow up single Please Don't Go has struck me just as hard. That being said, most of the other blue-eyed-soul/electro tracks on the debut album don't scale the heights of the singles. But Posner's got a couple of things going for him. First, his voice reminds me of similar artists making hits in Sweden (a good thing if you're me!). Second, he knows how to write a hook. I usually select uptempo tracks to post, but my favorite non-single track on the album's actually an atmospheric ballad that I'd pick as an easy third single. This is a HIT. (and can anyone else imagine Darren Hayes singing this? Or is it just me?)

Mike Posner - Save Your Goodbye by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home